Wednesday 28 July 2010

Why I am where I am...and where I am going!

This is a blog about my journey leading up to my ambition of completing an Ironman Triathlon, specifically Ironman Regensburg, on 7 August 2011. Over a year away, but I fear that time will fly by and I have to get some serious training in before then!

So that's where I'm going I hope! So, how did I get to this point. Midlife crisis seems to be the stock answer I get given when I tell people, which is probably fair as I do rather fit the sterotype. Which is I guess why we have sterotypes!

Anyway, back in 2008 my brother Rowley was bragging about a 100km foot race he'd done in Hong Kong called the Trailwalker. At about the same time an invite came round the office asking for volunteers for the UK Trailwalker. I'd not done any exercise for about 10 years but the timing and the opportunity to (start to) shut Rowley up (and get one over my other brother, Simon who'd not yet done one, was too good to miss, so I did it, and wrote about it here...http://airdsramblings.blogspot.com/

Anyway, one thing lead to another and we did it again in 2009, this time running a good part of it (well, at least a quarter of it!). In 2009 I also fell in with a bad crowd (this lot... http://www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk/) and ended up doing the Swashbuckler Half Ironman distance triathlon in May 2010.

So now it's time for the big one...

No comments:

Post a Comment